Via San Bernardo 19 - Marc'Antonio Sauli
|( See the map )|
|Roll 1588||Level 2||Titular Marc'Antonio Sauli|
|Roll 1599||Level 2||Titular Marc'Antonio Sauli|
|Roll 1614||Level 1||Titular Marc'Antonio Sauli|
|Roll 1664||Level 2||Titular Marc'Antonio Sauli|
The palace was commissioned by Marcantonio Sauli in the second half of the 16th century and was built in the preexisting medieval structure belonging to the Zaccarias.
To the Zaccaria is due the presence in the Palace of the Bizantin cross now placed in the Cathedral of S. Lorenzo.
After Marcantonio Sauli, Ambassador of the Republic of Genoa at the court of the Spanish King, the palace was inhabited by Gaspare Luigi Oderico (1727-1803), scholar and theologian; by Gio Batta Negrone Doge of Genoa from 1769 till 1771, and by Antonio Mongiardini (1760 - 1841), enlightenment doctor.
From the end of the 19th century to the beginning of the 20th century the palace has belonged to the Schiaffino family and has before the seat of the Trade Court of Genoa.
The building displays medieval details on its facade, e.g. the ashlar made of murble and back stone at the ground floor, the Gothic mullion window with two lights made of white marble and the lowered arch at the ground floor.
In the inside hourtyard, which dates back in the late 16th century, a statue of Venus can be seen.