Via Garibaldi 12 - Baldassarre Lomellini
|( See the map )|
|Roll 1576||Level 1||Titular Baldassarre Lomellini|
|Roll 1588||Level 2||Titular Henrico Salvago|
|Roll 1599||Level 1||Titular Henrico Salvago|
|Roll 1614||Level 1||Titular Henrico Salvago|
|Roll 1664||Level 2||Titular Leonardo Salvago q. Carlo|
The building, which owes its name to the two small towers flanking its sides, was built in 1716 by the architect Giacomo Viano for Giovan Andrea Doria, Duke of Tursi. His goal was to create a spectacular backdrop that would enhance the airiness and interplay of light of the noble building facing it, thus also serving to conceal a few crumbling medieval buildings from view.