Via Canneto il Lungo 17 - Gio. Andrea Cicala
|( See the map )|
|Founder||Gio. Andrea Cicala|
|Roll 1664||Level 3||Titular Antonio Donghi|
It has been built at the beginning of the 17th century by Gio Andrea Cicala, a rich silk merchant on preexisting medieval structures that belonged to four small houses.
Architect Bartolomeo Rosso begins the works in 1618 and finishes 18 months after.
The palace passed to the Donghi family in the first half of the 17th century. The destiny of the palace is strictly linked to the Donghi family, powerful and noble family of traders from Voltri (a suburb of Genoa) that lived there until 1853.
Then the palace is progressive changed into a modern apertment building an eventually sold to the Gallino family.
The building is an example of genoese noble palace dated late 16th century / early 17th century.
It is charachterized by the introduction of the same solutions of some architectural subjeds such as an entrance hall, the stairs, the inside courtyard and the situation of the parlour on the "piano nobile".
At the end of the entrance hall these is a nice nymphaeum enriched with mosaic stone and shells decorations featuring heraldic animals and ornamental subjects.