Piazza San Giorgio 32
|( See the map )|
|Roll 1599||Level 3||Titular Elianetta De Franchi|
|Roll 1614||Level 2||Titular Gio. Andrea De Franchi|
It stands on the San Giorgio Market Square and belongs to the Vento and Cattaneo Della Volta families (1414); it first appears in the list of palaces that offered hospitality to state guests ("palazzi dei rolli") in 1599.
When Elianetta Baxadonne left it to her son Gio Andrea De Franchi, former senator of the Republic it changed its name (1616).
The 16th century character is evident in the structural element, as well as in the entrance-hall with fan-lights, in the voulted staicase and in the traditional portal. Instead, the main facade features late medieval black stone and marble mullioned windows and hanging arches.
The dying out of the family in the 19th century favoured its conversion into an apartment building.
The realization of Via Vittorio Emanuele (the present Via Turati) in 1886 and the opening of Via San Giorgio alter the southern facade of the palace.