Piazza San Donato 21 - Paolo De Benedetti
|( See the map )|
|Founder||Paolo De Benedetti|
|Roll 1588||Level 3||Titular Paolo De Benedetti|
|Roll 1599||Level 3||Titular Paolo De Benedetti|
The first official record of this building appears in documents from 1588 and 1599 registering ownership in the name of Paolo De Benedetti.
In the 17th century the mansion was to become the seat of the San Bernardino Monastery.
The present-day building comprises three structures but it is unclear which is the one listed in the historical records. Features remaining from the original construction include the first flight of stairs and the cross-voulted gallery with decorative stone supports bearing a fresco of the family coat of arms.
Another outstanding feature is the recently restored black stone portal with imperial heads, while the entrance hall was converted some time ago into a shop.