Piazza Grillo Cattaneo 1 - Lorenzo Cattaneo
|( See the map )|
|Roll 1588||Level 3||Titular Leonardo Grillo di Luca|
|Roll 1599||Level 2||Titular Leonardo Cattaneo|
|Roll 1614||Level 1||Titular Leonardo Cattaneo|
|Roll 1664||Level 3||Titular Leonardo Cattaneo|
It was built on the Middle-Ages rests during the first years of the 15th century for Lorenzo Cattaneo's will, rich merchant and entrepreneur who, in the same period ordered the restoration of the Terralba's villa (Villa Imperiale today) to receive the King of France Louis XII. The evidence of such a restoration is the main portal carried out by Antonio della Porta in 1504.
The loggia of the piano nobile, placed between Vico del Fumo and Vico San Giorgio, very similar to the still existing loggia of the Terralba's villa, was completely destroyed during the second world war.
During the second half of the 15th century it was the Leonardo Cattaneo Doge's residence.
In the 1622 Leonardo Grillo Cattaneo ordered to Bartolomeo Bianco the alteration of the atrium, of the great staircase and of the entertainment hall.
At the end of the 17th century, with the Grillo Cattaneo family first and the Gavotti and Lagorio families later, the conversion of the noble palace into private flats started.