Piazza De Marini 1
|( See the map )|
|Roll 1599||Level 3||Titular marchese (Filippo) Marini|
|Roll 1664||Level 2||Titular Gio. Batta Lomellini|
It dates back to the second half of the 16th century and was built by the De Marini family on preexisting medieval structures (tower houses).
In 1599 it appears in the list ("rollo") of the buildings where state guests coming to Genoa stayed.
In the 18th century it belonged to the Negrone family and in 1830 it was sold to Andrea Croce.
The building features medieval traces such as small arches and masonry on the corner facades of vico Compere and of the Ripa. The 16th century marble portal by Gian Giacomo della Porta is surmounted by Peace allegories holding an abraded coat of arms; inside frescoes by Boni and Gio Agostino Ratti can be seen on the ceiling of two rooms.
The monumental stairway overlooks the court with three series of loggias; a nymphaeum with two mascarons adorns the entrance-hall.