Largo Zecca 2 - Cattaneo De Marini
|( See the map )|
|Founder||Cattaneo De Marini|
|Roll 1614||Level 1||Titular Cattaneo de Marini|
|Roll 1664||Level 2||Titular Gio. Luca Spinola|
The building, that it was belonged to Cattaneo De Marini, rises, in an urban enviroment completely extraneous to the infuence of the Spinola family, close to the most famous Giacomo Lomellini's dwelling (to whom it has been annexed since 1922). Acquired from Gio. Luca Spinola in 1636, the palace is included in a building program from senator Gio. Domenico Seniore who, in the seventies, starts a progressive expansion towards north with the annexation of some contiguous real estate units. In 1752 the Magistrate of the Poor take over the building, until the first decades of the twentieth century, when it is buyed from the municipality.
Transformed before in bourgeois residence, then in Cabinet of Geology and Mineralogy of the royal University and Technical School, the building suffers from the half of the XVIII century to the beginnings of XX the numerous modifications that deprive it of its original structure, whose characteristic turret of service on via of Sant'Agnese remains, without however losing the prestigious image.